Scrum Team Management System
Proposer: K. J. MacGregor
Brief Description: Create a multi-user application with a Windows Forms, WPF or ASP.Net frontend and a SQL Server backend to manage Scrum sprints for various projects. Multiple projects should be maintainable in the same database, and each project should have lists of stories: a backlog and a list of stories for each sprint. For each sprint, the begin and end dates and the total amount of points scheduled for the sprint, as well as the number of points completed in the sprint should be recorded, as well as an optional name and description. For each story, a name, description, estimated story points, whether it is complete or not, and a set of user-defined tags for categorization should be recorded. Required features and characteristics in order of importance:
1. Simplicity and efficiency of the user interface is the most important, as the tool will be used during planning sessions, so the tool should not “get in the way”.
2. Searching for stories by any of the text fields is also a requirement.
3. Providing a given story list in a format that can be included in an e-mail or printed would be a very useful feature.
4. Printed story cards for a sprint, including description, name and story points.
5. A graphs of story points committed versus story points completed.
Computer Science Content: Software Engineering, Agile Development
Specific Learning Outcomes: Requirements Analysis and information gathering, Understanding how various large development teams function, User Evaluation
Skills Required by Team as a Whole:
OTHER: Liaison with outside users.
Facilities needed: Windows development environment, C#.
Supervision: The majority of the input will come from Korbitec and their development teams. Meetings with them at their Newlands offices will be required. However guidance and day to day supervision will be given by the CS Staff member.
Number of Students: 3